chinEASE — By Aaron Posehn
Learning Chinese characters doesn’t have to be difficult.
However, many claim that this writing system is nothing more than identical little scribbles, though this is definitely not an inaccurate account for someone who has had no previous experience with it.
Therefore, this eBook has been specifically written to explain the apparent complexities of Chinese writing to the beginning and/or struggling student, or just to anybody interested in why Chinese writing is the way it is today.
One of the ways I do this is by demonstrating how characters can often be broken down into smaller pieces so as to make more sense of them as a whole. In my opinion, this is the easiest way to quickly become acquainted with this fascinating system of writing.
An introduction to the history and evolution of Chinese characters is also included so as to shed additional light on how they were formed over time, thereby showing the straightforward nature in which Chinese writing can be learned.
What else does it offer? By reading, you will:
- Learn over 1000 new characters with just this single resource
- Understand how to pronounce Chinese characters even though they aren’t written with a phonetic alphabet
- Find out how to determine where the radicals are within a character
- Be able to type Chinese on your computer
- Discover the evolution of Chinese writing and its link to Chinese history and culture
- Gain access to 33 additional useful resources for studying Chinese